What to Know
- Create group > create new message > select Show Cc & Bcc > enter group name in Bcc field > compose > Send.
- Or: Create new message > select Show Cc & Bcc > insert group in Bcc field from Hotmail address book.
- Entering an email into the To field is not necessary.
This article explains how to send messages to groups in Windows Live Hotmail.
Send a Message to a Group of Recipients with Windows Live Hotmail
To send an email to a group from Windows Live Hotmail:
- Create a group in Windows Live Hotmail.
- Now create a new email message.
- Click Show Cc & Bcc.
- Type your group’s nickname in the Bcc: field.
- Alternatively, you can insert it from your Windows Live Hotmail address book.
- Compose the message and send it.
Your message will automatically be delivered to all members of the group.
If you want, you can put your email address in the To: field of your Windows Live Hotmail group message, but you can just as well leave it empty.