What to Know
- In Outlook, File > Info > Add Account > Connect > enter AOL email account info > Connect > Done.
- AOL provides IMAP access, a protocol that Outlook supports for sending and receiving email.
This article explains how to access AOL email with Outlook. Instructions apply to Outlook versions 2019, 2016, and Outlook for Microsoft 365.
How to Add an AOL Email Account in Outlook
Use the Add Account feature to link your AOL email account to Outlook.
Select File in the Outlook top menu.
In the left pane, select Info then Add Account.
Enter your AOL email address and then click Connect.
Enter your AOL email account password and then click Connect.
Your AOL email account is now in Outlook and will download messages in your account.
- How do I add my Verizon AOL email account to Outlook?
In Outlook, select File > Info > Add Account. Enter your Verizon email address and password, then select Connect.
- How do I import my AOL contacts to Outlook?
Export your AOL contacts into a CSV file, then import the CSV file into Outlook.
- Why won't my AOL account connect to Outlook?
In Outlook, select File > Account Settings > Account Settings and choose your AOL account, then select Change. In POP and IMAP Account Settings select More Settings> Outgoing Server > check off My outgoing server (SMTP requires authentication). Select Advanced and verify or change the following: IMAP at 993, encrypted connection at SSL/TLS, SSL, TLS, or Auto, and SMTP at 465 or 587.